Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2014

15 Weeks


As you can see, my bump looks different depending on how I'm standing. But it's definitely there now!

How far along? 15 weeks and 5 days
Total weight gain/loss: Still the same as last week. I haven't lost any weight, but I haven't gained any either, so I'm still about 5lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight. I was sure I would have gained some since my bump got a lot bigger this week, but apparently not.
Maternity clothes? Nearly there! Most of my skirts still fit (sitting on my waist rather than my hips) but nearly all of my jeans need an elastic band to keep them shut. I was hoping to try on some maternity clothes this weekend when we went shopping in Livingston, but we couldn't find a single store with a maternity range. 
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: It was good earlier in the week, but I've had broken sleep for the last four days in a row. Initially it was because Simon kept stealing the duvet and I'd wake up because I was cold, but last night I think the baby must have been having a little disco as I kept waking up for no apparent reason. 
Best moment this week: My bump suddenly got really obvious on Tuesday, which was really exciting! We took a picture at the weekend because I seemed to have a little bit of a bump, but it seemed to double in size on Tuesday. I definitely look pregnant now, whereas previously I might have just looked a little bloated.
Movement: I don't think I've felt anything, but I am wondering if the baby was moving around a lot last night and waking me up. 
Cravings/Aversions: No cravings this week, but I can't stand the smell of burnt toast (I keep asking Simon to clean out the toaster) or eggs. Making Simon's lunch in the kitchen right after we've used the toaster is a challenge. We also made pulled pork in the slow cooker overnight, which was delicious, but I've discovered that the smell of pork first thing in the morning does not sit well with my nausea. 
Gender guesses: Up until this week I've switched my guesses every day, but I've been thinking it's a girl for several days now. Simon doesn't have any guesses right now.
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? Definitely still in.
What I miss: Uninterrupted sleep!
What I am looking forward to: Completely getting past the morning sickness/nausea stage, which is still lingering on well into the fifteenth week. It's better, but I'd love for it to go away completely. And buying maternity clothes, since Livingston's shops were sadly lacking.
Weekly Wisdom: Put all the clothes that no longer fit into storage so that you don't look at them longingly every time you open your wardrobe. 
Milestones: We have a very obvious bump now! Plus, my energy levels are much better (we stayed out until 10pm on Wednesday) and my nausea is mostly improved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment