Pages

Monday 24 February 2014

17 Weeks


I don't look amazing in this photograph, but it is significant because I used to always wear this top with a belt around my waist (far too uncomfortable now!) and it used to lie flat against my stomach. It might not be the most flattering shirt I own, but it stretches a lot ;)

Last week must have been rather busy, as we didn't manage to take a photograph! But week 17 is exciting for us as I'm definitely into maternity clothes, my physical morning sickness seems to have gone, and we're pretty sure we've both felt the baby move!

How far along? 17 weeks & 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: Still 5lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight. I haven't gained anything for weeks now, but at least I'm not losing weight any more!
Maternity clothes? Yes! A friend and I went shopping on Tuesday and I picked up two pairs of jeans and two dresses from New Look's maternity range, which is super cute. Most of my tops and skirts still fit, but even my biggest jeans (deliberately bought one size bigger than my normal jeans) were digging in uncomfortably. Maternity jeans are so comfortable, and I particularly like having some support over my bump now that it's getting bigger.
Stretch marks? Nope, although I've been given tons of recommendations of creams to try if they do appear.
Sleep: It did get better last week, but now every position I lie in seems to be uncomfortable. I've started sleeping on my side with a pillow under my bump, which seems to make my sleep less broken than it was before, but still not perfect.
Best moment this week: We've had a lot of great moments this week! Finding cute maternity clothes, and discovering just how comfortable maternity jeans are :) Also, managing to go twelve days without being sick, which is my current record. And definitely feeling the baby move.
Movement: Yes! I've been feeling weird twinges for about a week and a half now, but it's becoming more obvious that it's the baby, not just my insides rearranging themselves. Sometimes the movements are really faint, but other times Simon can feel them as well. We've discovered that the baby moves around a lot when I'm in the bath, which feels quite weird. We're not sure where it gets its love of swimming from because neither of us are strong swimmers ;)
Cravings/Aversions: No cravings this week, but I'm avoiding any breakfast food with raisins in it at the moment, just because I've thrown up too many bagels, hot cross buns and slices of fruit loaf to face eating anything in like that in the mornings.
Gender guesses: We've both been thinking that it's a girl for a couple of weeks now, although I did have a dream about a boy baby the other night.
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? Still in, but not as much as it was a few weeks ago.
What I miss: Uninterrupted sleep and being able to lie comfortably.
What I am looking forward to: We get to see our baby again at 20 weeks, and hear its heartbeat for the first time, so definitely that! 
Weekly Wisdom: I'm afraid I'm all out of wisdom this week ;)
Milestones: I've started wearing maternity clothes, we're hopefully (fingers crossed!) past the physical morning sickness stage, and we felt the baby move! An exciting week for us, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment